The Mathews Seafood Festival
hosted by The Seafood Shack
Saturday, September 24, 2022, at 3 PM EDT – 9 PM EDT
Location: William’s Wharf, Mathews VA
The Mathews Seafood Festival Information / Rules
• All ticket sales are in advance and include entertainment from Good Shot Judy and the Right On Band. Local craft vendors will have their wares for you to shop, and The Seafood Shack will provide a fantastic spread of Seafood and BBQ with non-alcoholic beverages (tea, soda and water). Beer and wine will be available on site for purchase, bring some cash, enjoy the bash…
• Tickets are $60.00 each. (Regardless of age.) Tickets are available at The Seafood Shack, Chesapeake Bank (Mathews), Mathew County Visitor & Information Center, and Mathews Pharmacy.
• NO Tickets will be available at the gate.
• All tickets sales are final.
• The event goes on, rain or shine.
• Hang on to your ticket stub for re-entry, and prizes.
• Parking is at the lot on Williams Wharf Road follow the signs.
DO NOT PARK ON THE SIDE OF WILLIAM’S WHARF ROAD, IN FRONT OF DRIVEWAYS, ON ANYONES PERSONAL PROPERTY. You WILL be towed at own expense! Handicap parking is free, available at the event, at the end of Williams Wharf Landing. You must possess a valid handicap parking permit. Do not show up with Grandma’s placard unless she is in the car, you will be at minimum, publicly shamed.
• A boat taxi will be available for those that come by water. Securely anchor your vessel south of William’s Wharf Landing, clear of the channel and call Captain Howard Hudgins aboard the SEA TOW vessel, on VHF Channel 10 or 804-815-8333. Round trip from your vessel will cost you $5/person, cash. You must be physically able to transfer from vessel to vessel. The boat taxi will run from 2pm – 9pm.
• The gate opens 2:15pm, get comfortable, grab a beverage and mingle with your family, friends, neighbors, and complete strangers. Music and supper start at 3pm.
You are welcome to enjoy all the food and beverages that you would like, just be courteous of everyone, do not waste food, and mind your trash.
• If you see trash, throw it away please. We will all be on the waterfront of a river that we love. Help us keep her clean. There are plenty of trash cans.
• We welcome you to enjoy the great live music of:
Good Shot Judy from 3-6pm
Right On Band from 6-9pm
We invite you to take advantage of our dance area in front of the pavilion.
• Covered seating areas are available for eating and, you are encouraged to bring comfortable lawn chairs and small folding tables but, NO pop-up tents/canopies/umbrellas! They will NOT be allowed thru the gate.
• Please be considerate of others by sharing our festival area tables, chairs and picnic tables. No tables are to be “reserved” by any means.
•We will be following whatever health and safety laws are in affect at the time of the event. Enter at your own risk.
Volunteers are always needed and, receive free admission to event. Help for half the event, enjoy the whole event, on us. For more information contact The Seafood Shack at 804-725-6934, between 10am-8pm.
Volunteers are what make it possible to have these events with our community.
What we “DO NOT” permit at our Festivals:
• Coolers (They will not be allowed through the gate.)
• Pets (They will not be allowed through the gate.)
• Firearms (concealed or open carry)
• Political Campaigning, Never!
• Anyone without a ticket or security badge (Remember, buy your tickets in advance as they will not be available at the gate.)
• Any food or beverage to be taken outside the event grounds.
• Pop-Up Tents/Canopies
• Attempts to “reserve” tables by any means. *Bad behavior of any kind, for any reason. If you cause a disruption, you WILL be thrown out and/or prosecuted, depending on your level of stup
Call Captain Howard Hudgins aboard the SEA TOW vessel, on VHF Channel 10 or 804-815-8333. Round trip from your vessel will cost you $5/person, cash.
Mathews Seafood Festival 2022
Vendor Information/Application Form
The Mathews Seafood Festival 2022 will be held at William’s Wharf Landing, Mathews. The event is from 3pm-8pm, September 24, 2022, rain or shine, all sales are final, no refunds. Vendors are to set up from 12pm-2pm, NO vehicles allowed in event area after 2pm, gates open at 2:15pm. We are anticipating 1000-1200 guests this year.
Vendor spaces are 12’X12’. Vendor tents, tables, chairs, etc. must be secured to prevent blowing around. You are liable for damages, and/or injuries.
Cost for a vendor space is $100. This includes one vendor space, and one operator. Addition personnel must purchase an event ticket.
Vendor application and payment must be received by 9/15/2022.
Download and submit form below, and submitted with payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: The Seafood Shack, 28 Irvinville Ln. Mathews, VA 23109 or submit in person to: The Seafood Shack 10744 Buckley Hall Rd. Mathews, VA 23109
Specials Thanks to all of our family, friends, volunteers, sponsors and vendors that make these events possible.